Looking to get away? The Outer Banks are not just far away in name. They actually are quite a bit off the coat of North Carolina, which means the Outer Banks house rentals offer a supremely secluded vacation spot. Here are five quick facts to remember as you search for the right Outer Banks rentals for you.
1. Lighthouses are some of the best representations of the uniqueness of an area. Each one features aspects that make it completely individualized for the area where it rests. This is also true for the Cape Hatteras Light in the Outer Banks, which, at 208 feet, is the tallest brick lighthouse in the United States. It can be found about 80 miles south of Corolla NC in Buxton.
2. Adventure is one of the most basic elements we seek as humans. We were not made to be kept cooped up in offices and cozy little homes. We were made to get out and explore the world! Remember this as you plan your Outer Bank house rentals and consider joining the 100,000 people who book Outer banks house rentals and climb the Cape Hatteras Light each year.
3. When choosing a good location for OBX rentals, consider the history. In 1900, Orville and Wilbur Wright selected Kitty Hawk as the site for their aircraft experimentation because it was not very populated. The sand dunes also helped their efforts in case of a crash. Your Outer Banks house rentals trip could relive this history just by walking along the beach.
4. Outer Banks house rentals are also in the vicinity of what is known the Graveyard of the Atlantic, the site of several significant shipwrecks. For shipwreck and diving enthusiasts, this is a no-brainer. Visit the Graveyard of the Atlantic Museum on Hatteras Island to get the complete experience.
5. Roanoke Island was the site of the first English child born in the New World. As part of OBX and featuring plenty of Outer Banks house rentals, Roanoke also has the distinction of being the birthplace of Virginia Dare, born on August 18, 1587 at Fort Raleigh on the island. Today, a number of Nags Head vacation rentals are available near the island. Helpful sites: www.sunrealtync.com